Now Accepting Housing Applications
Single bedRooms within a Suite
- Single Bedroom with Shared Bathroom (no kitchen)
- Single Bedroom with Shared Bathroom & Kitchen
Living in a suite at IHouse offers the ideal balance between privacy and friendly community-based living. Single bedrooms measure 9’ x 12’ (2.73m x 3.64m) and are fully furnished with a bed, desk, dresser, refrigerator, closet, bookshelves, bulletin board, and lamps.
- Ten single bedrooms are grouped in a suite. Each suite includes a shared bathroom with two private toilets, one shower, one bathtub/shower, and four sinks. Our staff cleans the common areas and the bathroom every weekday, which is a service already included in your fees.
- You will also enjoy a common lounge that is perfect place to catch up with friends or just relax. Men and women are housed in separate suites. Four suites share an additional common area and a balcony overlooking the Penn campus.
- Most suites include a shared kitchen which is equipped with a microwave oven, stove/oven, sink, and storage cabinets. For the suites without a kitchen, a microwave is provided in the suite lounge. You may indicate your preference for a suite with or without a kitchen in your housing application.
Tours of our single rooms are available Monday through Friday at 2:30 p.m. - Just check in at the Front Desk.
- Tours are not available on October 8, November 21-23, December 24-25, or December 31 due to holiday scheduling.
Private Room with Bath (Without Kitchen)
International House Philadelphia has 16 private rooms that each have a private bath. These rooms measure 12’ x 27’ (3.64m x 8.2m) and are fully furnished to accommodate two people. Each private room has two beds, a dresser, desk, chair, bookshelf, closet, lamps, small refrigerator, and private bathroom with a toilet, shower, and sink. Individuals have the option of living alone in private rooms, which offers extra space and privacy.
One Bedroom Apartment
The 24 one-bedroom apartments (with outdoor balconies) measure 22’ x 22’ (6.67m x 6.67m) and include a living room, kitchenette (a small kitchen), dining area, separate bedroom, and private bathroom with toilet, bathtub/shower, and sink. They are furnished with two single beds, a sofa, desk, table and chairs, dresser, closets, and lamps.
Nine efficiency apartments with outdoor balconies are available in two sizes: large (17’ x 24’ or 5.15m x 7.28m) and small (15’ x 24’ or 4.55m x 7.28m). Efficiency apartments feature a combined bedroom/living area, kitchenette (a small kitchen), dining area, and private bathroom with toilet, bathtub/shower, and sink. Each apartment is furnished with a twin bed, sofa or love seat, desk, table and chairs, dresser, closet, and lamps.